I might be late for tonight's English club because...

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Tonight there's an English club and I am supposed to be there on time because I'm the organizer. However, tomorrow I'm going to the mountains to I need to carry many things to my car and pack my luggage up so that I don't need to waste time tomorrow morning. I said the following to the group today:

I might be late for tonight's English club because I need to carry many things and pack luggage up to the mountain trip tomorrow.

How can I express the idea naturally?

...because I have a lot of packing to do for my trip to the mountains tomorrow.

Tonight there's an English club meeting and I am I'm supposed to be there on time because I'm the organizer. However, tomorrow I'm going to the mountains to I need to carry many put a lot of things to in my car and pack my luggage up so that I don't need to waste time doing it tomorrow morning. I said the following to the group today:

I might be late for tonight's English club because I need to carry many things and pack luggage up to the mountain trip sort lots of things out for my trip to the mountains tomorrow.

How can I express the idea naturally?
I don't see the need for the group to know exactly what you need to do. Just tell them you have stuff to sort out ready for tomorrow.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back