Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
When your friend comes back from a v[STRIKE]o[/STRIKE]acation, what is the best and warming greeting you had better use, please?

I hope you enjoyed your v[STRIKE]o[/STRIKE]acation. However, it seems long.

I have corrected it. Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: I hope you enjoyed your vocation.

When your friend comes back from a vocation, what is the best and warming greeting you had better use, please?

I hope you enjoyed your vocation. However, it seems long.

It's fine, but it is "vacation".

When your friend comes back from a v[STRIKE]o[/STRIKE]acation, what is the best and warming greeting you had better use, please?

I hope you enjoyed your v[STRIKE]o[/STRIKE]acation. However, it seems long.

I have corrected it. Thank you.

Saying you hoped it was good and that it seemed like they were away a long time can't be the "best and warmest" greeting you can think of, surely! Also "it seems long" is unnatural.

"Welcome back! I've missed you so much. It feels like you've been gone forever. It's fantastic to see you."

Saying you hoped it was good and that it seemed like they were away a long time can't be the "best and warmest" greeting you can think of, surely! Also "it seems long" is unnatural.

"Welcome back! I've missed you so much. It feels like you've been gone forever. It's fantastic to see you."

I assumed the "However it seems long" referred to the length of his statement. Different stokes. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back