I hope to see my mom for a longer length/ period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
1) I hope to see my mom for a longer length/ period of time.

2) I hope I can lengthen the length of summer season.

3) I would like to seek your service in helping me to paint and clean my house. If your services are good, then I will seek your service for a longer length of time/duration next time.

4) If the teacher is good, I will see her for a longer session.

* Can I use the highligted words in the above sentences? Are these sentences written correctly? Please advise.

1) I hope to see my mom for a longer [STRIKE]length/[/STRIKE] period of time. Or '...for a longer time', or just '...for longer.'

2) I hope I can lengthen the [STRIKE]length [/STRIKE][STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] summer season.

3) I would like to seek your service in helping me to paint and clean my house. If your services are good, then I will seek your service for a longer length of time[STRIKE]/duration[/STRIKE] next time. This is too wordy. 'I would like you to help me to paint and clean my house. If I am satisfied, you can help me for longer next time.'

4) If the teacher is good, I will see her for a longer session. OK.

* Can I use the highlighted words in the above sentences? Are these sentences written correctly?

Your thanks are appreciated, Jit, but you don't need to send them in a separate post.

We are all happy to accept a simple click on the Like button as your acknowledgement of our help.

Rover:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back