Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
You haven't paid any of my claims. All of my claims have been denied.

Can I also say "I don't see any of my claims being paid by you. Why is it so?"

Is it correct to say "I don't see claims being paid"?

Do we say "Any of my calim" or "Any of my claims"?

Does "Why is it so" mean "Why the situation is like the way it is"?

If it is an official matter, I would say:

Our records show that you have not settled any of our outstanding invoices/claims which are long overdue (despite reminders). This serves as a final reminder to you to settle the outstanding payments within two weeks, failing which we will proceed to take legal action.

It is pointless and a waste of time asking why the debts have not been paid. In business, persistent default in payment calls for strict action.

Can I also say "I don't see any of my claims being paid by you. Why is it so?"

Why is that so works better for me. I'd use the active for the first part- you are not paying out any of my claims.

In a letter/an email, I wrote/I want to write "You haven't paid any of my claims. All of my claims have been denied."

Can I also say "I [STRIKE]don't[/STRIKE] see that [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] none of my claims [STRIKE]being[/STRIKE] have been paid. [STRIKE]by you.[/STRIKE] Why is [STRIKE]it so[/STRIKE] that?" (As you can see from the number of changes I have made, your original didn't work.)

Is it correct to say "I don't see claims being paid"? No, that's not natural.

Do we say "Any of my [STRIKE]calim[/STRIKE] claim" or "Any of my claims"? The latter.

Does "Why is it so?" mean "Why is the situation [STRIKE]is like[/STRIKE] the way it is"? Yes.

Note my corrections (in red) and comments (in blue) above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back