Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Are these sentences correct?

I am very grateful to my boss for acceding to my request to work part time. I appreciate their understanding and support. It is hard to find part-time jobs nowadays.Working part-time is great as it gives me more time to go to medical appointments and to take care of my kids.I hope I can work at this job permanently till my retirement.

Re: any grammar errors

I am very grateful to my boss for [STRIKE]acceding[/STRIKE] agreeing to my request to work part time. I appreciate their understanding and support. It is hard to find part-time jobs nowadays. Working part-time is great as it gives me more time to [STRIKE]go to[/STRIKE] attend medical appointments and to take care of my kids. I hope I can [STRIKE]work at[/STRIKE] do this job until I retire. [STRIKE]permanently till my retirement.[/STRIKE]

You should know the gender of your own boss, so use "her" or "his" instead of "their."

Robin lee, note that I have changed your thread title. Titles should include some/all of the words/phrases you are querying.

Titles such as "Any grammar errors?" which you used in two separate threads are of no use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back