I am outside UK for [a] couple of weeks.

cyber_nomad

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
UK
I apologies for not answering you phone call. I am outside UK for couple of weeks. It is easy for me to phone you. I will do that on Monday.

Is the above right?

I apologize for not answering your phone call. I am outside the UK for a couple of weeks. It is NOT easy for me to phone you RIGHT NOW. I will do that on Monday.
I think that's what you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tarheel,

1- No that is not what I mean. I mean it is easy for me to phone you. (receiving calls on my UK number is switched off because I am outside)

2- After the first reply I found that Cambridge dictionary treat "phone call" and "phonecall" as correct

3- Should it be UK or the UK?

4- is it couple or "a couple"

1- No, that is not what I mean. I mean it is easy for me to phone you. (receiving calls on My UK number/phone is switched off because I am outside out of the UK/the country.)
See above. I assume you mean that you can't receive calls on your UK mobile when you're not in the UK.
2- After the first reply, I found that Cambridge Dictionary treats "phone call" and "phonecall" as correct.
I'm not sure why you've told us this. No one has mentioned "phone call" in any response.
3- Should it be "UK" or "the UK"?
When used as a noun, it's "the UK". When used as an adjective, there's no need for "the". For example, "A UK man has been found in a cave in Zambia six weeks after going missing".
4- Is it "couple" or "a couple"?
In British English at least, it's "a couple of weeks".

Tarheel,

1- No that is not what I mean. I mean it is easy for me to phone you. (receiving calls on my UK number is switched off because I am outside)
Do you mean you can make calls but not receive them?

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back