[Essay] I am begging you to correct mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katarina Sai

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Motivation letter for the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral program

Dear Admissions Committee,

I am writing you to express my desire to take part in the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral program. My name is Olivia Graham and I am the second year student at the faculty of philology, Ivan Franko National university of Lviv, Ukraine.

Why Chinese?
Since I was a child, I have a dream to become an interpreter and to learn as many languages as possible. At school I was really good at Ukrainian, English and German, so I got the highest grades. Simultaneously I have taken up the oriental culture and have been interested in the Far East history. Since that time I have understood that China is one of the ancient civilizations in the world and Chinese is the language that I must learn. I finished the school in 2015. It was the year when 'Chinese language and literature' course was established at the faculty of philology in our university, so I realized that Chinese language is definitely my destiny.

Why the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral program?
There is a question why I want to improve my Chinese skills in China? In China there is a higher level of education. The universities I have chosen are on the top of the SIR World Ranking and the Times Higher Education ranking. I think, native speakers' environment helps me to learn Chinese quickly. Moreover, it will be a great experience to live in a foreign country, discover Chinese culture and traditions, get used to Chinese mentality.

Why me?
Nowadays Ukrainian-Chinese relations are developing so fast. Both sides are interested in cooperation, so only interpreters and translators can help come to a mutual understanding.
I am amongst the top 10 students of more than 150 at the faculty. On winter examination session I got the excellent grade of Chinese (A of ECTS, 100 of 100-point scale). I want to know Chinese fluently, ready to work as hard as possible for a long period of time. Furthermore, I am promoting Chinese culture here, in Lviv. What have I already done? Last autumn we established the Chinese-Ukrainian speaking club, that help Chinese students feel more comfortable in Lviv. Also I take part in annual celebrations of Chinese New Year in Lviv. As there are no professionals, who can speak Chinese, in Lviv, besides my Chinese teacher, PhD Helena Bridge, I thank her for recommending me to take part in the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral program.

In conclusion, I think I comply with all requirements to win the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral program and it is the right step of the way of achieving my dream to know Chinese fluently, thus to develop Ukrainian-Chinese relations.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Katarina Sai

Motivation letter for the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program

Dear Admissions Committee,

I am writing [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] to express my desire to take part in the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program. My name is Olivia Graham, and I am [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a second-year student at the Faculty of Philology, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine.

Why Chinese?
Since I was a child, [STRIKE]I have a[/STRIKE] my dream has been to become an interpreter and to learn as many languages as possible. At school, I was really good at Ukrainian, English and German, so I got the highest grades in those subjects. [STRIKE]Simultaneously I have taken up the oriental[/STRIKE] I have also read much about Chinese culture and have always been interested in the history of the Far East. [STRIKE]history.[/STRIKE] Since [STRIKE]that time I have understood that[/STRIKE] China is one of the [STRIKE]ancient[/STRIKE] oldest civilizations in the world, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I decided that Chinese is the language that I must learn. I finished [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] high school in 2015. It was the year when the 'Chinese Language and Literature' course was [STRIKE]established[/STRIKE] first offered at the Faculty of Philology in our university, so I realized that the Chinese language is definitely my destiny.

Why the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral program?
[STRIKE] There is a question why I want to improve my Chinese skills in China?[/STRIKE] In China, the [STRIKE]re is a higher level[/STRIKE] standard of education is high, and the universities I have chosen are [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] at the top of the SIR World Ranking and the Times Higher Education ranking. I also think practising with native speakers in their home environment would help me to learn Chinese quickly. Moreover, it will be a great experience to live in China, [STRIKE]a foreign country,[/STRIKE] discover Chinese culture and traditions, and become familiar with [STRIKE]get used to[/STRIKE] the Chinese way of thinking. [STRIKE]mentality.[/STRIKE]

Why me?
Nowadays, Ukrainian-Chinese relations are developing so fast. Both sides are interested in cooperation, so [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] interpreters and translators would be needed for governmental, private business and academic work. [STRIKE]can help come to a mutual understanding.[/STRIKE]

I am amongst the top 10 students of more than 150 at the faculty. [STRIKE]On[/STRIKE] In the winter term examination, [STRIKE]session[/STRIKE] I got the excellent grade of Chinese (A of ECTS, 100 of 100-point scale). I am determined to become fluent in [STRIKE]want to know[/STRIKE] Chinese, and I am prepared [STRIKE]fluently, ready[/STRIKE] to work as hard as it takes to achieve my goal. [STRIKE]possible for a long period of time.[/STRIKE] Furthermore, I am promoting Chinese culture here, in Lviv. [STRIKE]What have I already done?[/STRIKE] For instance, last autumn we established the Chinese-Ukrainian Speaking Club [STRIKE], that[/STRIKE] to help Chinese students feel more at home [STRIKE]comfortable[/STRIKE] in Lviv. Also I take part in the annual Chinese New Year celebrations [STRIKE]of Chinese New Year[/STRIKE] in Lviv. [STRIKE]As[/STRIKE] There are no professionals who can speak Chinese in Lviv, [STRIKE]besides[/STRIKE] apart from my Chinese teacher [STRIKE], PhD[/STRIKE] Dr Helena Bridge, and I thank her for recommending me to take part in the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program.

In conclusion, I [STRIKE]think I comply with[/STRIKE] believe that I satisfy all the requirements [STRIKE]to win[/STRIKE] for the Chinese Government Scholarship Bilateral Program, and I am adamant it is the right step [STRIKE]of the way of[/STRIKE] on the way to achieving my dream [STRIKE]to know[/STRIKE] of speaking Chinese fluently [STRIKE], thus[/STRIKE] and helping to develop Ukrainian-Chinese relations.

I thank you for considering my application and [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] look [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
[STRIKE] Sincerely,[/STRIKE]
Katarina Sai [Olivia Graham? ;-)]
I do not understand the text highlighted in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back