Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
[FONT=&#23435]I[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]m going to go to camp this summer.[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]
I think [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]camp[/FONT][FONT=&#23435] here is a noun, not a verb, just like [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]school[/FONT][FONT=&#23435] in [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]go to school[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]. What do you say?[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Thanks. [/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435] [/FONT]

If it was the activity, one would say "I'm going to go camping this summer."

Or maybe I'm going to camp at Île d'Orléans ​this summer.

I think "Im going to go to camp this summer." and "I'm going to go camping this summer." have the same meaning. What do you say?
Thanks.

You should omit the final period (full stop) from quoted text when the sentence in which it appears continues after the quotation.

You should omit the final period (full stop) from quoted text when the sentence in which it appears continues after the quotation.
Do you mean I should rewrite the sentence like this: I think "Im going to go to camp this summer" and "I'm going to go camping this summer." have the same meaning.
What about the final period which I colored red? Is it right?
Thanks again.

Do you mean I should rewrite the sentence like this: I think "Im going to go to camp this summer" and "I'm going to go camping this summer." have the same meaning.
What about the final period which I colored red? Is it right?
Thanks again.

The sentence in which your second quoted sentence appears continues after the quotation. Therefore you should omit both periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back