How's this sentence look: Anyway, I hope my age doesn't deter you from choosing me t

• Thread starter B45
  • Start date
  • Views : 3,699
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B45

How're these sentences:

Anyway, I hope my age doesn't deter you from choosing me to join you on this trip. However, if that is indeed the case, I understand and am okay with whatever it is your decision may be.

VS

Anyway, I hope my age doesn't deter you from my joining you on this trip. However, if that is indeed the case, I understand and am okay with whatever it is your decision may be.

Are both okay?

Could someone help before this post disappears?

Anyway, I hope my age doesn't deter you from choosing me to join you on this trip. However, if that is indeed the case, I understand and am okay with whatever (it is) your decision may be.

VS

Anyway, I hope my age doesn't deter you from my joining you on this trip. However, if that is indeed the case, I understand and am okay with whatever (it is) your decision may be.

'It is' should be omitted.

not a teacher

Thank you very much! Let's have a teacher look at it too.

I prefer the first. In the second "I hope this doesn't deter you from my joining you" doesn't work. As tedmc said, "it is" should be omitted.

Thank you very much! [STRIKE]Let's have a teacher look at it too.[/STRIKE] Could I please have a teacher's opinion, too?

... and as for your title, it should be 'How does this sentence look?' - 'How's this sentence look?' is not grammatical.
(It must have been a slip.)
:)

not a teacher

how's - how is

I think it can be used for both how does and how is.

I think it can be used for both 'how does?' and 'how is?'.
Only in casual conversation or in texting to save time and characters.

I've never written it that way, but we say "How's it look?" frequently in BrE. In that case, it does mean "How does" but it's not written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back