Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

-How was your weekend?

-It was nice, answered the girl.

-I went to “Topsy”. It is a great disco!

-But didn‘t you said last week that Topsy was a disco for kids?, replied ironically the girl.

After the answer of the girl, he was speechless. After a few seconds, he decided to take the risk. He kneeled on the street and took out his agenda from his backpack. The girl was surprised to saw he kneeling.

-Give me your number so you can join me walking my puppy.

Thanks.

Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

- "How was your weekend?"

- "It was nice", answered the girl.

- "I went to 'Topsy'. It is a great disco!"

- "But didn't you [STRIKE]said[/STRIKE] say last week that Topsy was a disco for kids?", replied [STRIKE]ironically[/STRIKE] the girl ironically.

[STRIKE]After the answer of the girl,[/STRIKE] He was speechless at her answer. After a few seconds, he decided to take the risk. He [STRIKE]kneeled on the street[/STRIKE] bent down and took out his [STRIKE]agenda[/STRIKE] diary from his backpack. The girl was surprised to [STRIKE]saw he[/STRIKE] see him kneeling.

- "Give me your number so you can join me walking my puppy."

Thanks.
I don't understand the text in blue.

Dear teechar, once again thanks for your help.

In the final line, the boy asked the girl to go in a date. He offered her to walk with him and meet the puppies.

Thanks.

In the final line, the boy asked the girl to go [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on a date. He offered her to walk with him and meet the puppies.

Thanks.

- "Give me your number so you can join me when I take [STRIKE]walking[/STRIKE] my puppies for a walk."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back