Member Type
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi Team,

Can anyone suggest how to write in a better way when someone help us in some projects

Regards,
Sanjeev

Write what? It's unclear what you're asking us. What do you mean by 'in a better way"?

Are you referring to the writing process itself, to improved grammar, to stylistic changes, or what?

Write what? It's unclear what you're asking us. What do you mean by 'in a better way"?

Are you referring to the writing process itself, to improved grammar, to stylistic changes, or what?
Sorry for half the infomations.

I just wanted to check how to appreciate some one in a different way if someone help us on a project:)

Regards,
Sanjeev

I'm afraid neither of those sentences makes sense.

We can't help you with your project, but we can answer your questions. (Please keep your posts brief and to the point. Don't ramble!)

As for improving your writing, I have two suggestions. One, read some things written by good writers. Two, practice, practice, practice!

One more thing. Always listen to my advice. 😀

I think perhaps you mean "Can you tell me how to thank someone for helping me with a project?"

I'm afraid neither of those sentences makes sense.

We can't help you with your project, but we can answer your questions. (Please keep your posts brief and to the point. Don't ramble!)

As for improving your writing, I have two suggestions. One, read some things written by good writers. Two, practice, practice, practice!

One more thing. Always listen to my advice. 😀

Sure Tarheel!!

You are absolutely right!

Since this was my first post I was quite excited and just mention half of the things in the subject line.

Sure! i will follow the same you have mentioned above which call "PPP" formula :)

and this was a good one.. "One more thing. Always listen to my advice.
😀
"

Sure, Tarheel! (One exclamation mark suffices.)

You are absolutely right! Since this was my first post, I was quite excited and just I mentioned only half of the things in the subject line.

Sure! I will follow the same the advice you have mentioned gave above, which I call the "PPP" formula. and This was a good one: "One more thing. Always listen to my advice."
Correct, Emsr2d2. :)

Note my corrections and comments above.

I'm on the lookout for the new information on how to write better all the time, and most resources state that practice is a key. I also concluded that to write better one needs to read more literature.

Say:

I'm on the lookout for new information .... (No 'the")

I don't think you will find anything new about that. There are some writing tips you can find online (or here on this forum). In addition to that, keep in mind what words are for. What do I mean by that? Remember that all modifiers are relative. For example, if I say somebody is a big man I mean he is big compared to other men. If I use an adjective that refers to an intrinsic property of the thing being described I have said nothing. (You never see "wet water" anywhere.) If you add a word to a sentence it should provide information that didn't exist otherwise. That word should tell me something I didn't know otherwise.

Say:

I'm on the lookout for new information .... (No 'the")

I don't think you will find anything new about that. There are some writing tips you can find online (or here on this forum). In addition to that, keep in mind what words are for. What do I mean by that? Remember that all modifiers are relative. For example, if I say somebody is a big man I mean he is big compared to other men. If I use an adjective that refers to an intrinsic property of the thing being described I have said nothing. (You never see "wet water" anywhere.) If you add a word to a sentence it should provide information that didn't exist otherwise. That word should tell me something I didn't know otherwise.
Thanks for explanations! I alreaady adore this forum. You do a great job.

I didn't write the last paragraph. So how did it get in the quote box? As for plagiarism, I wouldn't worry about that unless there's a chance you will use a significant portion of somebody else's writing without knowing you have done so. If you quote somebody, acknowledge the author. If you want to use several paragraphs of somebody's writing, be sure to get permission from the author.

I didn't write the last paragraph. So how did it get in the quote box?
It is in your post #12, which is what moveholir quoted.

@emsr2d2 There was a paragraph about plagiarism in the quoted material. I didn't write anything about plagiarism in that post.
😐

@emsr2d2 There was a paragraph about plagiarism in the quoted material. I didn't write anything about plagiarism in that post.
😐
Fair enough. As you say, there is now no sign of that extra paragraph in the quote box. I can only assume it was an error on Moveholir's part (perhaps they accidentally pasted someone else's post onto the end of your quote) and that they have now removed it. There's no edit history for post #13 so it's impossible to know if/when someone edited it.

Hi Team,

Can anyone suggest how to write in a better way when someone help us in some projects

Regards,
Sanjeev
Not a teacher

I advise you to write essays. Lots of essays. On all kinds of topics. Handwrite them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back