Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have the address from a pen pal I used to write to years ago. We usually email instead now but I thought it would be nice to send a hand written letter after so long. I have the piece of paper with the address on it but it doesn't make sense to me, I also don't know why I wrote it down like that. it is:
Iran - Tehran - sattarkhan str, kokab str,
Gonabad ave #58 post code 14417
then their name.
That format doesn't seem right and I don't want to ruin the surprise by asking them if that's how you put it on an envelope.
If someone could tell me the correct way or putting it I will be eternally grateful!
Thanks you!

I have the address from a pen pal I used to write to years ago. We usually email instead now but I thought it would be nice to send a hand written letter after so long. I have the piece of paper with the address on it but it doesn't make sense to me, I also don't know why I wrote it down like that. it is:
Iran - Tehran - sattarkhan str, kokab str,
Gonabad ave #58 post code 14417
then their name.
That format doesn't seem right and I don't want to ruin the surprise by asking them if that's how you put it on an envelope.
If someone could tell me the correct way or putting it I will be eternally grateful!
Thanks you!

It might be a good idea to post this question in the "Other Languages" section as well as here. You need an Iranian person, or at least someone who leaves in Iran, to answer that question.

I can't help feeling that postal workers all over the world pride themselves on their ability to deliver even the most bizarrely addressed letters.

I'm sure there's enough information there for the letter to reach your friend without any trouble. The format may even be correct - you must have written it down like that for a reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back