Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Is it correct to say this "How to know whether a person is worth hiring for"?

For example,
Ms Shackleton is worth hiring for.

That implies that it is worthwhile to work for Ms Shackleton (e.g. as a contract HR person) and to hire staff to work for her. Is that what you meant?

For example,
Ms Shackleton is worth hiring for.

That implies that it is worthwhile to work for Ms Shackleton (e.g. as a contract HR person) and to hire staff to work for her. Is that what you meant?

No. I meant if a person works well then it is worth it to hire the as an employee. Should I say "He is worth hiring"? "AMX is worth hiring for" means it is worthwhile to be hired for AMX. Am I right?

Are you asking whether we use "How to do/know something?" in English. We still don't.

You can.
No. That sentence means nothing to me.

Ms Shackleton is worth hiring for. But Teechar gave me this sentence. What exactaly does it mean?

It means exactly what he suggested in the same post.

Is it correct to say [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] "How to know whether a person is worth hiring for"?
You already know that the question in quotation marks is worded incorrectly. I've underlined the words that you have to change.

If you fix that and leave off the final for, you'll have a correct sentence. Several posts in this thread explore an unlikely case where the for would make sense. You will never encounter such a case in real life so there's no need to think about it.

You already know that the question in quotation marks is worded incorrectly. I've underlined the words that you have to change.

If you fix that and leave off the final for, you'll have a correct sentence. Several posts in this thread explore an unlikely case where the for would make sense. You will never encounter such a case in real life so there's no need to think about it.

What is the way to know whether a person is worth hiring.

Is this sentence correct now?

I agree with Piscean.

"Ms. Shackleton is worth working for", or "AMX is worth working for".

"Ms. Shackleton is worth hiring because of her extensive experience."

Okay, AMX is a company worth hiring for or it is worthwhile to be hired at AMX.

Tom is worth hiring because of his work experience or he is worth hiring.

Are my sentences correct?

"What is the way" is simply a longer way of saying "How". Keep "How" and change "to know".

Okay, AMX is a company worth hiring for or it is worthwhile to be hired at AMX.

Tom is worth hiring because of his work experience or he is worth hiring.

Are my sentences correct?
You will never talk about whether a company is worth hiring for. If you mean that AMX is a good company to work for, you should say that.

Companies hire people when they grant them employment. People work for companies that hire them.

Why do I get the feeling (yet again) that tufguy is giving us the runaround? :-|

You will never talk about whether a company is worth hiring for. If you mean that AMX is a good company to work for, you should say that.

Companies hire people when they grant them employment. People work for companies that hire them.

AMX is a company worth working for or it is worthwhile to be hired at AMX. Is it correct now?

"What is the way" is simply a longer way of saying "How". Keep "How" and change "to know".

How can we know whether a person is worth hiring.

You need a question mark there.

AMX is a company worth working foror it is worthwhile to be hired at AMX. Is it correct now?

This works for me:

AMX is a company worth working for.

You need a question mark there.

How can we know whether a person is worth hiring? Is this sentence correct now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back