How many mistakes are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about errors in the text shown in the images or in the spoken part? I'm having trouble understanding what the speaker is saying.

Are you talking about errors in the text shown in the images or in the spoken part? I'm having trouble understanding what the speaker is saying.

How many mistakes are there in pronunciation?
You are right. The voice is unclear.

Given that the speaker is very clearly not a native English speaker, it's hard to comment on "errors" as such. I would say that almost none of the words in the first 30 seconds or so (that was all I managed to listen to because it was a struggle to hear at all) were pronounced like a native speaker. The rhythm and cadence are wrong too.

In this video, the speaker is addressing non- native speakers.So he used his native rhythm and cadence of his mother language . I think he should have left them and used the English one. You are so accurate and professional.

I have worked with native speakers of English from India whose accent was very similar to that speaker's accent.

Interesting. I didn't think he sounded remotely Indian. My best guess was that he was from a West African country (perhaps Nigeria) but that he had grown up without English as his first language. I was, however, playing it on a laptop that doesn't have a high maximum volume and I couldn't find my headphones.

Last edited:
My guess is he's from Pakistan, possibly Afghanistan.

So he used his native rhythm and cadence of his mother language .
Yep. That's typical of Egyptian Arabic. He isn't anywhere from the subcontinent.

Yep. That's typical of Egyptian Arabic. He isn't anywhere from the subcontinent.
Yes,you are right.It is the Egyptian English version but with much more exaggeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back