Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Context: My friend has gone to Canada.

Can I ask the question this way-"How is Canada for you?" on the phone

I might say, "How is your trip going?" Or: "How do you like Canada?" However, your sentence would probably be understood the way it was intended.

Context: My friend has gone to Canada.

Can I ask the question this way- "How is Canada for you?" on the phone?
Note my changes above. The context isn't really sufficient. You need to explain why you're asking the question. What information are you hoping to elicit? Do you want to know if they're enjoying it? Do you want to know if it's what they expected? Do you want to know what the weather's like? There are multiple possibilities. Also, it doesn't matter whether you're asking them the question on the phone or by Zoom/Skype or even in person.
Note that I have changed your thread title. A single-word title is useless. Use a whole sentence.

Note my changes above. The context isn't really sufficient. You need to explain why you're asking the question. What information are you hoping to elicit? Do you want to know if they're enjoying it? Do you want to know if it's what they expected? Do you want to know what the weather's like? There are multiple possibilities. Also, it doesn't matter whether you're asking them the question on the phone or by Zoom/Skype or even in person.
Note that I have changed your thread title. A single-word title is useless. Use a whole sentence.
How is the weather over there and are you accustomed to it?
Is this question form correct?

How is the weather over there and are you accustomed to it?
Perhaps:

How is the weather over there? Are you used to it yet?

How much sense that makes (especially the second one) depends on how long the person's been there.

Note that native speakers don't use "accustomed to" very much.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back