How do you write your address in a letter\CV when your location is between 2 streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeron

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello everyone ;
I'd be very grateful if you could help me with this :
I'm writing a letter , and I'm not sure if this is the correct way to write my address :
You see , my house is located between two streets (or avenues , not sure what to call it) : house number 5 between 16th and 14th Brown street . The street's name is Brown , and my location is between 16th and 14th , exactly at the side of the main street . I looked for a proper example and didn't find one . How am I supposed to write my address ? "Between 14th and 16th Brown st." sounds TOO wrong .
My second question is about the house number : Which one , if any , is correct ?
*** St. ,#5
No. 5 *** St.
Number 5 *** Street

I'd really appreciate your help , hope I explained everything clearly enough !

Is your house on the corner? This kind of address wouldn't happen where I come from, so I am struggling to imagine what it is, though I have lived in a country where addresses were sometimes given as being on the corner between two roads.

When you receive letters, how are they addressed?

The problem is , the letters I receive are addressed in my native language , and I have no difficulty writing my address in Farsi .

Last edited:
That looks like 5 Brown Street to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back