Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt

How do you pronounce the word length?
someone told me we put( k) sound in the middle of the two clusters to be be (lenkth).. is this correct?

Some people where I live do so although the k sound is often very faint.

When you have queries about pronunciation, try going to Forvo. On the home page, type the word you want to hear then choose the relevant language (and variant, if you wish) from the dropdown menu in the box to the right. You can listen to the word recorded by lots of native English speakers from all round the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, I do that. I like you all hear my English voice. Did you hear my clip?

Yes, I [already] do that. I would like you all to hear my English voice me speaking English. Did you hear listen to my clip?
I listened to it. The pronunciation generally is halfway between your two attempts. In your first, there was no sound at all where the "g" is. In your second, the "k" sound was too pronounced.

How do you pronounce the word "length"?
Someone told me we put space here a (k) "k" sound in the middle of the two clusters, to be be making it sound like "lenkth". Is this correct?
You need to work on your use of capital letters and your punctuation. Don't use brackets to emphasise a word/sound. Use quotation marks as I have done above. Brackets should surround extra information in a sentence, and the surrounding sentence should still make sense without the part in brackets.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back