How do you behave when you are in a predicament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erbab

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello! I am making sentences to improve my vocabulary and my writing skill. If anyone helps me correct my mistakes, I will be grateful.

Target word: Predicament (n)

How do you behave when you are in a predicament?
I recommend you trying cognitive behavioral therapy to get out of your psychological predicament.
I did not explain you my predicament, because I did not want to make you feel sad.

Target Word: Despair (n),(v)

The father is in the depth of despair about his child who has been lost for five hours.
He is in a despair over the exams although he studied a lot for them.
Buse was very excited about going to the beach, but the rain which suddenly started to come down drove her into despair.
Do not despair of finding a husband! You are too young and beautiful to think of that.

Target Word: Curse(v)

Do not curse the things that go wrong. Try to find solution instead.
I heard him cursing his brother for taking the car.

Target Word: Perceive(v)

Next time when you feel miserable and hopeless, you had better change your mind to perceive things in a more realistic manner.
First, Einstein’s theory of relativity was perceived as a bullshit.
Is there anyone who perceived why students get higher scores in summer schools?

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I am making sentences to improve my vocabulary and my writing skill. If anyone helps me correct my mistakes, I will be grateful.

Target word: Predicament (n)

How do you behave when you are in a predicament? :tick: You could also use "react" instead of "behave".
I recommend you [STRIKE]trying[/STRIKE] try cognitive behavioral therapy to get out of your psychological predicament.
I did not explain [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] my predicament to you (no comma here) because I did not want to make you feel sad.

Thank you very much for your help!

See above. Please start separate threads for each of your other three unconnected words and sentences.

Also note that I have changed your thread title so that it includes some of the words you are asking us about. Titles such as "sentences" are no use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back