How common is "have a head for something"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

I searched the internet and could find only one video in which this idiom was used by a native speaker:

She uses it in negative: I didn't have a head for chemistry.

Are these okay?

1. Amita has a head for English. He's learned the language in less than six months and he's quite fluent.

2. She has a head for numbers. She always passes her math exams with flying colors.

3. Laura has a head for detecting lies. Always be honest with her.

4. Jane doesn't have a head for biology. She always fails it miserably.

5. She has a head for business and finance. She's been running three successful start-ups.

I searched the internet and could find only one video in which this idiom was used by a native speaker:

She uses it in the negative: I didn't have a head for chemistry.

Are these okay?

1. Amita has a head for English. He's learned the language in less than six months and he's quite fluent.

2. She has a head for numbers. She always passes her math exams with flying colors.

3. Laura has a head for detecting lies. Always be honest with her.

4. Jane doesn't have a head for biology. She always fails it miserably.

5. She has a head for business and finance. She's been running three successful start-ups.
Well done!

Thank you!

Is this idiom used commonly in everyday English?

I don't know how how commonly it's used, but if you say "Jack has a head for business" people will know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back