How can we help students feel prepared for giving a presentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Could you please check my writing? This is the last examplary writing task I do because my exam is tomorrow. :)

Students at your college have to give a spoken presentation as part of their final assessment and need some help. The school director has invited you to send a proposal outlining any problems students have with presentations and suggesting how these problems could be overcome.
Write your proposal in 220-260 words in an appropriate style.

Introduction

The purpose of this proposal is to present the key problems students at our college have with preparing a presentation for their assignment. The outlined problems will be followed by a few suggestions for how to address these issues, and the proposal will be concluded with several recommendations.

The difficulties

A survey was conducted among a group of students to find out how they feel about the upcoming assessment. The majority expressed their anxiety, as they have not had any experience with giving presentations; they also are unsure of what such a presentation should look like. Other problems revealed by the survey are the lack of self-confidence, and the stress of speaking publicly.

The solution

Teachers could give model presentations as to exemplify how their task may be dealt with. A collection of sources available to students could make it easier for them to include citations in their presentation, as well as have quality content to base it on. A number of courses on how to believe in yourself and overcome social anxiety would not only help students in their final assestment, but it would also allow them to gain a useful skill in their lives.

Recommendations

The suggestions I would like our college to consider are:

• Teachers giving model presentations to give an example for their students to follow,
  • Providing students with a list of approved sources,
  • Organizing a course that aids overcoming the fear of speaking in public.
If the solutions listed above are implemented, will surely feel well prepared.

Total Word Count:253
Total Unique Words:139
Number of Sentences:10
Average Sentence Length:25.3
Number of Paragraphs:12
Hard Words:(17.00%)
Lexical Density:54.94
Fog Index:16.92

This is excellent. Well done.

I hope your exam goes very well tomorrow.

Could you please check my writing? This is the last [STRIKE]examplary[/STRIKE] writing task I do because my exam is tomorrow. :)

Students at your college have to give a spoken presentation as part of their final assessment and need some help. The school director has invited you to send a proposal outlining any problems students have with presentations and suggesting how these problems could be overcome.
Write your proposal in 220-260 words in an appropriate style.

Introduction

The purpose of this proposal is to present the key problems students at our college have with preparing a presentation for their assignment. The outlined problems will be followed by a few suggestions for how to address these issues, and the proposal will be concluded with several recommendations.

The difficulties

A survey was conducted among a group of students to find out how they feel about the upcoming assessment. The majority expressed [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] anxiety, as they have not had any experience with giving presentations; they also are unsure of what such a presentation should look like. Other problems revealed by the survey are the lack of self-confidence, and the stress of speaking publicly.

The solution

Teachers could give model presentations [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] to exemplify how [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] a task may be dealt with. A collection of resources available to students could make it easier for them to include citations in their presentation, as well as have quality content to base it on. A number of courses on how to believe in yourself and overcome social anxiety would not only help students in their final assessment, but [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] would also allow them to gain a useful skill in their lives.

Recommendations

The suggestions I would like our college to consider are:

• Teachers giving model presentations to give an example for their students to follow,
  • Providing students with a list of [STRIKE]approved[/STRIKE] useful resources,
  • Organizing a course that aids overcoming the fear of speaking in public.
If the solutions listed above are implemented, students will surely feel well prepared.
Good luck in your exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back