Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Few months ago, I worked as an intern in an environmental organization. I finished the job without asking for a reference letter, which was promised by my supervisor. I want to write a short email to get back the reference letter, and could you please give recommendation or amend the email directly to make the context appropriate. Many thanks!:)

Email:

I find it important to have an reference letter for my future career, could I have it by mail or whatever way that is at your convenience. Thank you.

Full name: XXX
Adress: XXXX

Thanks & Regards,
Daniel

Dear ABC,

I worked for [name of organization] from [start date] to [end date] as an intern. I would truly appreciate it if you can write a letter of reference for me. I need it when applying for jobs. You can email it to me at [email address] or even post it to [land address], whichever is convenient for you.

Thank you for your kinds consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Daniel Jones

Change "kinds" to "kind".

Incorrect form.

May I know why it was corrected?

May I know why it was [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] corrected? :-(

I corrected it because your version was wrong. You need the article before the words you used.

A few days ago, I booked a holiday.
A few hours ago, I fell down the stairs.
A few weeks ago, my sister had a baby.
A few months ago, I decided to start studying Italian.
A few years ago, I went on holiday to New Zealand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back