Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Marathi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I am trying to combine these to sentences so that I can give it in a resume as a short pitch about myself but I am not sure how to combine these sentences in a professional manner.

"Finance professional adept at increasing business efficiency and solving problems through computer programming and automation. Hands-on experience in providing professional advice in strategic sectors."

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: how to combine these two sentences?

I'd use with. I'm not a fan of corporate jargon, so I'll trust you know what you're saying.

"Finance professional adept at increasing business efficiency and solving problems through computer programming and automation with hands-on experience in providing professional advice in strategic sectors."

Is there a reason for not using complete sentences?

We are finance professionals adept at improving business efficiency and solving problems using computer programming and automation, having had hands-on experience in providing professional advice in strategic sectors.

Is there a reason for not using complete sentences?

Talents and expertise are commonly given in bullet point form in a résumé and are therefore not always complete sentences. The OP said that the text is for a résumé.

DerikSilva, please note that I have changed your thread title. We don't start a question with 'How to ....'

"Finance professional adept at increasing business efficiency and solving problems through computer programming and automation. Hands-on experience in providing professional advice in strategic sectors."

NOT A TEACHER

As a teacher said, resumes often contain bullet points.

You may wish to shorten your sentences. They will attract more attention.

* Adept at increasing business efficiency and meeting challenges through computer programming.
* Hands-on experience providing guidance in strategic sectors.

The quoted text in the original post doesn't look like an item from a bullet list though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back