Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Japan
There's the rub - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
there's the rub
here is the difficulty You can't get a job unless you have experience. And there's the rub – how do you get experience if you can't get a job?
Usage notes: also appears as here's the rub and that's the rub: The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.

The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.
The factory is ready to go, but there's the rub – there's no market for the products.
The factory is ready to go, but that's the rub – there's no market for the products.

I see no problem with the first and second sentences. Do you think there are any?
I think that the third sentence is correct if the "that's the rub" and the "there's no market for the products" are switched. Correct?

There's the rub - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
there's the rub
here is the difficulty You can't get a job unless you have experience. And there's the rub – how do you get experience if you can't get a job?
Usage notes: also appears as here's the rub and that's the rub: The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.

The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.
The factory is ready to go, but there's the rub – there's no market for the products.
The factory is ready to go, but that's the rub – there's no market for the products.

I see no problem with the first and second sentences. Do you think there are any?
I think that the third sentence is correct if the "that's the rub" and the "there's no market for the products" are switched. Correct?

Agree.:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back