Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi.

I know a young boy cares his younger sister very much. He protects her from being harm in every cirucumstance. For example, when playing with others, when playing at home, or something like this.

I wonder if my sentence is natural "Her brother is very protective of her".

It is, but I've moved your thread here to Editing & Writing Topics because your opening sentences need numerous corrections.

Hi.

I know a young boy who cares for/about his younger sister very much. He protects her from being harmed (in every circumstance), for example, when she is playing with others, when playing at home, or something like this.

I wonder if my sentence is natural: "Her brother is very protective of her".

See above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her brother is very protective of her.

Do you mean this sentence needs corrections? Or my context?
As I said in my reply, your opening sentences need corrections.

Hi.

I know a young boy who cares for his younger sister very much. He protects her from [STRIKE]being[/STRIKE] harm in any cirucumstance. For example, when playing with others, when playing at home, or whatever.

I wonder if my sentence is natural "Her brother is very protective of her".

Yes. It's fine.

Yes. It's fine.

I thought the third sentence os not complete without a verb.

And the second paragraph is not complete without a colon or a dash after "natural".

Does "opening sentences" mean "the context"?

No. The "opening sentences" are the first two or three sentences of any piece of writing. They are the sentences that "open" the piece.

9k=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back