Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hello,
I have decided to pass a PG on sociolinguistics, particulary on language contact and sociolinguistic variation. I need everything related to this topic I'm waiting for your replies. Thank you in advance.

Hello,
I have decided to pass a PG on sociolinguistics, particulary on language contact and sociolinguistic variation. I need everything related to this topic I'm waiting for your replies. Thank you in advance.
I assume that by 'PG' you mean some form of post graduate course. One part of (post-) graduate work is researching - and that involves more than just asking us to do it for you. If you have specific language problems, we'll be happy to try to help, but we are not in the business of providing free materials for theses.

Hello,
What's your question?
If you want to know where to find this material, you could start with the references in your texbooks (this might require a trip to the library); then use good internet sources.
If you have any specific questions, perhaps someone here might be able to help.

PS: It would be better to post follow-up questions to the Linguistics sub-forum.

thank you for replying. I mean that I will pass an exam about language contact and sociolinguistic variation. I have no idea about this topic, for example what does language contact mean? what does sociolinguistic variation mean? I have been searching in google but need a simple and comprehensive definitions.

Sorry rasha, but if you opted for this course, it might have occurred to find out what it was about.

yes, I know but is there a relationship between language contact and sociolinguistic variation?

thank you Five.

from language contact ocuurs Bilingualisim and diglossia. This is true or false

from language contact ocuurs Bilingualisim and diglossia. This is true or false
What do you think? if you want our help, you have to put something in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back