Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello.

I'm trying to express the importance of teamwork and collaboration. How can I do that?

In my language, we have an expression that literally translates as "when you work in a team and collaborate, the heads get multiplied." It means you have more heads and you get better results.

I myself think in English, it doesn't work and sounds strange!

How can I better express that idea?

You need to work together. When you cooperate, heads get multiplied and you achieve better results.

Two heads are better than one.
There's no "I" in "team".
A problem shared is a problem halved.

Heads don't get multiplied in English.

In my language, we have an expression that literally translates as "when you work in a team and collaborate, the heads get multiplied."

In English, we say that we put our heads together.

How can I better express that idea?

You need to work together. When you cooperate, heads get multiplied and you achieve better results.

You need to work together. When you cooperate, you put your heads together and achieve better results.

In English, we say that we put our heads together.

You need to work together. When you cooperate, you put your heads together and achieve better results.

Can that be used in formal contexts? Have I used it correctly and naturally?

When I was in a school, I worked with my classmates to solve a problem. It was teamwork by a couple of students putting their head together that made the difference and resulted in that problem being solved.

and resulted in that problem being solved

Do you need to say this- it's in the first sentence.

A few students- you + classmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back