Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hi.
I am having trouble understanding a phrase.. I think it has a sexual meaning so I don't want to post it publicly, is there a way I can ask a native English speaker about it privately via this forum?

Are there any grammatical errors in my sentence above too? :-D

I am having trouble understanding a phrase. [Use one full stop only] I think it has a sexual meaning so I don't want to post it publicly. Is there a way I can ask a native English speaker about it privately via this forum?
Go ahead and post the phrase, NOTE. We are accustomed to discussing phrases of a sexual nature posted in good faith. Moderators will quickly delete anything that may be deemed offensive.

Okay. The phrase is: "Deleted"

Last edited:
Where did you find this sentence, NOTE? I think we need context to make sense of it.

It should end with a full stop (period).

In a conversation and yes it ends with full stop.

When you write in English, you must end every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark. Obviously, you can't hear punctuation marks in speech but they must be used when you write.

Were you part of the conversation in which the phrase appeared or did you hear it on a TV show or a film or similar?

A private conversation and that was the last of it.

Could you post the conversation?

This is the conversation and this is becoming weird :)
My question is there any sexual suggestion in it or not?

The only weird thing is that you have given us a fairly incomprehensible string of words which, so far, mean nothing to any of us. The only way we can try to make any sense of it is to understand the contents of the rest of the conversation.

As it stands, I can't see any sexual suggestion but that's because I cannot understand what it means ​at all.

That is true emsr2d2 but I really can't give any more on public, do you understand me?
I'll wait until I can use private messages. Thanks everyone.

That's your choice. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not prepared to answer such questions by PM. The private message system is not to be used for one-to-one teaching or English help.

Click on the username.

Good lord. Just post the sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back