[General] Have you ever been in a situation where (146 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I wrote the following paragraph. Would you please help me to correct it?

Our English Club invited Professor Rachel to share her experiences of learning English without spending time in English-speaking countries. She will tell us how to learn the language. The following paragraph is an online poster because participants will read it online and see if they want to come. I think it is very wordy.

Have you ever been in a situation where you still cannot speak English confidently and smoothly after you have put in so much time and effort into learning it? It must be frustrating, isn’t it? Some may attribute the dilemma to no exposure to an English-speaking environment. I believe most English learners have been facing barriers in learning that language and don’t know how to break them down. Don’t worry. The good news is that we invited Professor Rachel to give you tips and strategies to learn English well this Saturday. You can rest assured that you are going to get some useful advice. I know English learning is one of the topics in which you’re most interested. And here it is! Is it after your fancy? If it is, please like and follow us and share this information with your friends.

Last edited:
Is Rachel a native English speaker?

Is Rachel a native English speaker?

She's not, but she's professor at a local university. She hasn't studied abroad but her English is perfect.

I've already corrected some very wrong sentences. I still think the paragraph is wordy.

I thought Rachel had written the wording for the post, in order to encourage people to come and learn how to learn with her. I think I misunderstood, though. Did you write the text in post #1?

I thought Rachel had written the wording for the post, in order to encourage people to come and learn how to learn with her. I think I misunderstood, though. Did you write the text in post #1?

Yes. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. It was me who wrote the italic paragraph. I wrote it and posted it online so that our members and others who are interested can see and join us. For example, I posted this on our forum, saying that emsr2d2 will tell us how to learn correct and natural grammar and speak better English. That was written by Rachel. :)

Our English Club has invited a local professor, Rachel, to share her experiences of learning English without spending time in English-speaking countries. She will tell us how [STRIKE]to learn[/STRIKE] she learnt the language. The following paragraph is an online [STRIKE]poster[/STRIKE] post [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] to help participants [STRIKE]will read it online and see[/STRIKE] decide if they want to come. I think it is very wordy.

[STRIKE]Have you ever been in a situation where[/STRIKE] Do you find that you still cannot speak English confidently and smoothly even after [STRIKE]you have[/STRIKE] putting [STRIKE]in so much[/STRIKE] a lot of time and effort into [strike]learning[/strike] studying it?

[STRIKE]It must be[/STRIKE] It's frustrating, isn’t it? Some [STRIKE]may[/STRIKE] might attribute [STRIKE]the dilemma[/STRIKE] this problem to [STRIKE]no[/STRIKE] a lack of [STRIKE]exposure to[/STRIKE] experience of an English-speaking environment.

I believe most English learners have [STRIKE]been facing[/STRIKE] faced barriers [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to learning [STRIKE]that language[/STRIKE] English and don’t know how to break them down.

Don’t worry. [STRIKE]The good news is that[/STRIKE] We have invited local professor Rachel surname to come to our English club this Saturday to give you her tips and strategies [strike]to learn[/strike] for learning English. [strike]well[/strike] [STRIKE]this Saturday.[/STRIKE] You can rest assured that you are going to get some useful advice.

[STRIKE]I know English learning is one of the topics in which you’re most interested. And here it is![/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Is it after[/STRIKE] Does it take your fancy? If it [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] does, please like and follow us, and share this information with your friends.

See above. I've shortened it a bit and made corrections. I've separated the text out to make it easier to read but you can lay the final text out however you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back