Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me make the paragraphs below sound natural. Thanks a lot.

In my elementary school life, I didn’t need to take the mock exams. It doesn’t make sense to me that why I have to spend so much time studying hard for numerous exams since I entered junior high school, even during summer and winter vacation. As a result, I don’t have time to have fun with friends and my family.

Therefore, I love the days when I was an elementary school student because it was the happy-go-lucky time in my life. Being an elementary school student, I didn’t feel any tremendous schoolwork pressure at all, so I could engage in activities that I found personally meaningful during that time. If it’s possible, I would rather go back to my elementary school life. Thus, I can regain the joy of being an elementary school student.

Are you asking us to do your work for you again?

No, I've revised the two paragraphs which are originally written by a junior student. However, I'm not sure if my revision sounds natural or there are some errors because I'm an ESL teacher. Therefore, I need native English speaker teachers to give me a correction.

That's exactly what I meant by asking us to do your work for you. You are the teacher. You are being paid to teach these students and to correct their work. I assume that when you were hired as an ESL teacher, you didn't tell your employer that actually you would be getting strangers on a forum to make those corrections - on an unpaid basis!

Honestly speaking, I tell the truth to my boss, supervisor, and colleagues that I get on the forum to ask for those corrections. In fact, one of my colleagues also often asks for corrections in this forum. As English is a foreign language for me, it is still beyond my reach to write a natural, idiomatic English sentences or paragraphs. Therefore, I often ask for corrections in this forum partly because it helps me sharpen my writing skills, but majorly benefits my students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back