hand career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things. One, do you know what a hand job is? Two, why do you waste your time browsing the Urban Dictionary?
:?:

P.S. Say:

I don't understand it

Or:

I don't understand it at all.

Last edited:
It seems that Urban Dictionary is full of sexual expressions not that useful. Could you recommend a good website for useful idioms and slang?

Two things. One, do you know what a hand job is? Two, why do waste your time browsing the Urban Dictionary?
:?:

P.S. Say:

I don't understand it

Or:

I don't understand it at all.

I'll leave it to you to figure out the sexual reference in 'hand job' (check the link within urban dictionary), but the idea here is a play on words between 'job' and 'career'.

It plays upon the exaggerated length - this job is taking so long it has become a career (i.e. something long-term versus something short).

I suppose you could also read into it overtones of professionalism, etc., for it to become a 'career'.

Could you recommend a good website for useful idioms and slang?
Click on Reference near the top of this page and then IDIOMS.

Forget about slang until you have achieved a greater mastery of standard English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back