had it roamed around the city by his soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
There was an invader (king). Who came to India from a Muslim country and killed a lot of people. He also killed his uncle and got his head put on the tip of a spear and had it roamed around the city by his soldiers.

Please check my sentences.

I don't like the transitive use of roamed there. I would change the verb. I would also say that he had his head impaled on a spear- the tip is irrelevant as it is the working part of a spear, but I don't like got there.

I don't like the transitive use of roamed there. I would change the verb. I would also say that he had his head impaled on a spear- the tip is irrelevant as it is the working part of a spear, but I don't like got there.

So what should be used in place of "Roam"?

There was an invader (a king) (no full stop here) who came to India from a Muslim country and killed a lot of people. He also killed his uncle, [STRIKE]and got[/STRIKE] put his head [STRIKE]put[/STRIKE] on the tip of a spear and [STRIKE]had it[/STRIKE] made his soldiers [STRIKE]roamed[/STRIKE] parade it around the city. [STRIKE]by his soldiers.[/STRIKE]

Please check my sentences.

See above.

Tufguy, what country did the invader come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back