Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The arrest occurred about two weeks before the release of his first major studio film, Nine Months, which he was scheduled to promote on several American television shows. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno had him booked for the same week. In the much-watched interview, he did not make excuses for the incident after Leno asked him, "What the hell were you thinking?"

Source: Wikipedia

What does the phrase "had him booked" mean? I guess it means "arranged him for an interview" - not sure whether I am on the right track.

Does it sound a bit negative? Or does sound neutral? The question in the interview began with "What the hell were you thinking?" which sounds a bit negative to me.

It's neutral to everyone apart from chat-show hosts, who are rivals.

Please remember to italicize the titles of movies and television shows. ;-)
The arrest occurred about two weeks before the release of his first major studio film, Nine Months, which he was scheduled to promote on several American television shows. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno had him booked for the same week. In the much-watched interview, he did not make excuses for the incident after Leno asked him, "What the hell were you thinking?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back