Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Someone is trying to open a tutoring class for teaching English to students, and he needs to name it. Is the following correct?
Plese see to its meaning and grammar like the dash. The meaning is "If you study here, you will produce perfect English like golden eggs". Do golden eggs in the west mean a very fruitful result?

ex)"Golden-Egg English Class" or shortened as "GE English Class"

Last edited:
Someone is trying to open a tutoring class for teaching English to studetns, and he needs to name it. Is the following correct?
Plese see to its meaning and grammar like the dash. The meaning is "If you study here, you will produce perfect English like golden eggs". Do golden eggs in the west mean a very fruitful result?

ex)"Golden-Egg English Class" or shortened as "GE English Class"

To be quite honest , I don't think this metaphor works. For egg idioms have a look there.

If golden-egg is not a good metaphor for advertising an English tutoring, you could recommend a better one.

I don't see why we should.:-?

If you study here, you will produce perfect English like golden eggs

Something like:

If you study here, you will learn to produce perfect English.

If you want to extend it, then I would add something along the lines of Like the finest students/Grade A students, etc.

The golden egg doesn't work IMO because of the idiom we would be most likely to associate it with.

Do you think it's because "golden egg" has a bad meaning or it just means a profitable result unrelated to studying?

Do you think it's because "golden egg" has a bad meaning or it just means a profitable result unrelated to studying?
If it has any meaning, it's usually associated with the idiom Tdol mentioned. If one wishes to call one's school 'Golden Egg' or 'Silver Lining' or 'Platinum Blonde', that's fine; one must not, however, expect native speakers to say how wonderfully appropriate these names are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back