Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
(Please excuse me if I got the gender/pronoun wrong. Bear in mind that I'm just a learner of English and this post contains my opinions only.)

Recently I've been watching videos of trans women athletes beating women in sports and claiming that it's completely fair and that the cisgender women athlets should just deal with it. Since I'm into sports (weightlifting), I know it for a fact that men are physically stronger. I said the following to myself (just an opinion).

"At first the trans community was hating on people like Piers Morgan and Matt Walsh for asking some obvious questions. Now they're going for women."

Does it mean that 'now they're starting to do the same to women?'

Yes. That would mean that the same people who initially lashed out at Morgan and Walsh for asking certain questions are now starting to lash out at women who are asking similar questions.

@Ashraful Haque That's totally natural.

Considering that English is not your first language, you are doing very very well. You are now thinking in English and doing it very well. Wow!

👍

Added: The more I think about it the more I agree with@,Barque. However, that doesn't mean I disagree with myself.

Now they are going for women (any women who don't agree with them). (It's the only way you can get somebody to agree with something that is obviously not true.)

Last edited:
@Ashraful Haque That's totally natural.

Considering that English is not your first language, you are doing very very well. You are now thinking in English and doing it very well. Wow!

👍

Added: The more I think about it the more I agree with@,Barque. However, that doesn't mean I disagree with myself.

Now they are going for women (any women who don't agree with them). (It's the only way you can get somebody to agree with something that is obviously not true.)
Thanks. I'm usually very busy. I'm always working to be honest. But I squeeze in some English practice two or three times a week.
And the reason for both working so hard and trying to get better at English is travelling. I just love to travel and experience different cultures, traditions, religions, etc the world has to offer. I figured that English would make it easier for me to have conversations with foreigners and make new friends all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back