Member Type
Other
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hi, I am not sure who has been struck: the Taliban or Ismael Khan himself. Thank you for helping me.
"Unfortunately for Ismael Khan, the other northern warlords turned against him. Massoud offered no assistance from Kabul while Dostum gifted the Taliban air strikes by his captured communist fighter jets." (The American War in Afghanistan, Carter Malkasian)

Dostum gifted the airstrikes (on Ismael Khan) to the Taliban.

Dostum gifted the airstrikes (on Ismael Khan) to the Taliban.
It seems like that, the problem is that Dostum would afterwards continue to fight against Taliban.

It seems like that, the problem is that Dostum would afterwards continue to fight against Taliban.

Yes, it was Dostum who had the captured jets, and chose to use them against Ismael Khan. My question, as a former pilot, would be how Dostum's people learned to fly those jets. Does the book explain that?

Last edited:
Yes, it was Dostum who had the captured jets, and chose to use them against Ismael Khan. My question, as a former pilot, would be how Dostum's people learned to fly those jets. Does the book explain that?
Not yet, maybe later. I have just started reading the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back