Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Are the words in brackets unnecessary? Does "get my news" sound idiomatic? Do other sentences sound idiomatic too?

Context: I am talking about reading the news on the internet.

I often read (the) news reports online from a Facebook community. The news from this source is mostly about (the) issues in society, in the world. I like to get my news from this source because the articles are from different communities. I read it every day, because it's part of my lifestyle. I also read (the) news on the internet and (on) social networks. I need to beware of fake news. There are various Facebook communities about finance(s), travel, art, scientific news and legal. I hate hearing about scandals. This also applies to the new film about the royal family. The happy news was when the coronavirus started to go away.

I often read (the) news reports online from a Facebook community, The news from this source is mostly about (the) global social issues. in society, in the world. I like to [ 1] get my news from this source because the articles are from different communities. [ 2] I read it every day, because it's part of my lifestyle. I also read (the) other news online. the internet and (on) social networks. However, I need to beware be aware of fake news. [ 3] There are various Facebook communities about finance(s), finance, travel, art, scientific news and legal matters. I hate am not particularly interested in hearing about scandals, This also applies to including the new film about the [ 4] royal family. [ 5] The I like happy news, such as when they announced the end/easing of was when the coronavirus restrictions. started to go away.
[ 1]: "get my news from" implies you're talking about news in general (not about particular issues). That site/community is specific.
[ 2]: That's repetitive. See opening sentence.
[ 3]: That sentence does not connect with the previous ones.
[ 4]: Which royal family?
[ 5]: Again, you need to make sure that your sentences connect together.

[ 1]: "get my news from" implies you're talking about news in general (not about particular issues). That site/community is specific.
[ 2]: That's repetitive. See opening sentence.
[ 3]: That sentence does not connect with the previous ones.
[ 4]: Which royal family?
I mean the news about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
[ 5]: Again, you need to make sure that your sentences connect together.

How can I rephrase "it's part of my lifestyle?" Do you mean "social networks" sound unidiomatic? Should I use "news media sources", "news sources" or something similar? For example, "I read news media sources/I read news sources."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back