Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I' ve seen this message in a lot of signs, especially in online notices, and I don' t know what It means. Can anyone help me?

Well, it would help if you provided the context in which the statement appeared, i.e. additional information. Without that, I can only guess that the statement refers to promoting some product/service that would bring you enjoyment or a pleasant experience.

I' ve seen the slogan in the images section on my computer. If you write the phrase in any search engine, you will see different designs with the same motto

I couldn't find a single logo or indeed any image with the motto "Get some sunshine your way". Are you thinking of variations on "Sending some sunshine your way"?

Tes, that' s It. What does It mean?

It means "I'm sending happy thoughts/good luck to you". There's no exact way to explain it. You're just sending good wishes.

Note that I have moved this post to "Ask A Teacher". No part of your post was in a language other than English so there was no reason to post in "Other Languages".

Although the OP's question seems to have been resolved, I would like to add that "get some sunshine your way" is an easily understood and not very uncommon phrase in American English. A Google search for the phrase produces nine results, at least when the search originates here in Canada.

Tes, that' s It. What does It mean?

Please, Crisurko, don't waste our time. You seem to have asked us about the meaning of an expression that does not exist, or at least which is significantly different from the one you had in mind.

If you are an English teacher, why have you spelled Yes with T? Why have you put a space in the middle of a word? Why have you capitalised It? We have a very low tolerance for careless errors like this when we have reason to believe they could easily have been avoided. Are you really a teacher? Who do you teach?

I think your personal questions are irrelevant to the task we are engaged in.
And if I' ve asked the question about an English expression that may be common for you, it is because I am not an English native and I want to learn.
Finally, about the mispelled words and punctuation errors, I' ll be more careful but the setting on my mobile is not in English, so the self-checher automatically changes some if my words.

I think your personal questions are irrelevant to the task we are engaged in.

Okay, that's fair enough.

And if I' ve asked the question about an English expression that may be common for you, it is because I am not an English native and I want to learn.

I think you missed my point. I know you're a non-native speaker. I meant to say that when you ask about a use of language that you have seen or heard, it is important to be very precise in what you're asking about. If not, it can seriously waste time. If it is something you have read, you can post a link where possible, copy and paste the original text, or make sure to transcribe it exactly. You can understand why an imprecise transcription can cause confusion, can't you?

Finally, about the mispelled words and punctuation errors, I' ll be more careful but the setting on my mobile is not in English, so the self-checher automatically changes some if my words.
Then you should change them back before you post. Make sure you read your posts several times before pressing 'Submit New Thread'. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back