Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone,

From the book Choose Your Story, Change Your Life by Kindra Hall.

But there’s a lot about the job he doesn’t love— the two biggest things being the small-minded, micromanaging nature of the leadership, and that his talents aren’t fully utilized. He feels he has so much capacity that will never be recognized at the company...

The question is, then, why doesn’t he leave? Why not apply somewhere else or start something of his own?...

The next logical question anyone might ask, one that he certainly has asked himself, is: Would it be worth it? Sure, it’s less pay, but it’s also less agony and potentially more joy and fulfillment. And if it goes well, couldn’t it mean more pay at some point? And even if it is less pay, can he afford less money to get more lifestyle? It’s a compromise many make, after all.

Does "get more lifestyle" mean get/have more free time?

better (quality of) life/better work-life balance

I don't think it is appropriate to use "lifestyle" as a countable noun in the context.

That doesn't make sense to me. It makes it sound as if "lifestyle" refers only to nice/fun things one does outside of work.

It is an odd use of the word lifestyle. I wonder if Kindra Hall has made it up herself or whether it's becoming common usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back