future perfect+grammar teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisy1352

Member Type
Student or Learner
Use the present perfect to express a state, event, or action at an indefinite time in the past.
Notice the difference between the simple past and the present perfect. The simple past is the definite past. The presnet perfect is the indefinite past.

The two took their vows at the Mall of America in Minneapolis. (definite - a specific time)
Arranged marriage has never had much currency in America ( indefinite- no specific time)
I can't Understand this. Will you explain it to me?
Thank you so much

Last edited:
Could you be more specific on what part of the text you gave, you don't understand. Is it the explanation or the examples? The clearer the questions are, the faster the answers come

"Use the present perfect to express a state, event, or action at an indefinite time in the past.
Notice the difference between the simple past and the present perfect. The simple past is the definite past. The presnet perfect is the indefinite past.

The two took their vows at the Mall of America in Minneapolis. (definite - a specific time)
Arranged marriage has never had much currency in America ( indefinite- no specific time)"

I can't Understand this. Will you explain it to me?
Thank you so much
You need to put quotes around quoted material. We do not know where your own message begins.
I think it is probably as I have amended above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back