Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
From which angle do you think I am not good to look at?

Is this sentence correct? If not, please tell me the correct answer with explanation.

Are you trying to make a rather unnatural reversal of "Which do you think is my best side?"

It's OK except for the usual/typical violation of the 'never end a sentence with a preposition' rule. :cool:

There's nothing wrong with ending a sentence with a preposition, but sometimes it's an awkward thing to end with. :)

Are you trying to make a rather unnatural reversal of "Which do you think is my best side?"

The speaker meant he asked another person that which part of him look bad to him I think.

From which angle do you think I am not good to look at?

Is this sentence correct?

I suppose it is better than:

Which angle do you think I am not good to look at from? :)

However, I'd prefer:

Which angle do you think it is not good to look at me from?

Or:

From which angle do you think it is not good to look at me?

No, "at from" is good too

Well, it's grammatical. You might want to leave "good" judgments to native speakers.

Here's another grammatical sentence, featuring no fewer than five prepositions at the end:

"What did you bring that book for me to be read to out of up for?" (Theodore Bernstein, The Careful Writer: A Modern Guide to English Usage, 1965)

With all due respect to Phaedrus, I don't like any of those sentences. They are all, in my humble opinion, awkward and unnatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back