Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I've seen the other topics about this comparison but I think I still can't understand well.

....With information flowing ______ on the internet, consumers, buyers, and sellers become connected.

I said free, after checking the answer key I saw that the correct answer is freely.
Can you please explain the main difference between these two? Thank you.

I've seen the other topics about this comparison but I think I still can't understand well.

....With information flowing ______ on the internet, consumers, buyers, and sellers become connected.

I said free, after checking the answer key I saw that the correct answer is freely.
Can you please explain the main difference between these two? Thank you.
Have a look here:
free adjectiveadverb (NOT LIMITED) - definition in the British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionaries Online
And here:
freely adverb (NOT LIMITED) - definition in the British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionaries Online

In colloquial usage, some speakers would use free, but freely is better in a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back