Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
This document is important not only for him, but also for his customers for whom such a document is the confirmation
that his company XXX sells your original spare parts.

Are there any other ways to say "for whom"?
If you have any other ideas how to rephrase this sentence, let me know, please.

Thank you.

I'm not a native speaker, just trying:

This document is important not only for him but also for his customers as it is the confirmation document that his…

The document is important not only for him, but also for his customers, as it serves as an assurance that his company, XXX, sells original spare parts.

Last edited:
This document is important for him and his customers because it confirms that his company, XXX, sells your original spare parts.

This document is important not only for him, but also for customers to which such a document is confirmation
that his company XXX sells original spare parts.

Yes. 'Who', 'which', and 'that' can all be used to refer to people.

The above suggestions are OK, Ksenia, but inferior to the original sentence, in my opinion.

Why did you want to rephrase it?

The above suggestions are OK, Ksenia, but inferior to the original sentence, in my opinion.

Why did you want to rephrase it?

Because I thought that it was wrong...

Why did you think that?

In Russisn we often say "for whom", but I thought it is not the same case in English.
I am not sure of myself.

In English 'whom' is rarely used. That's what I learned from this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back