Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I wonder whether "floods" should be "flood".

Some wrote the following sentence:
---------------------------------------------------------
Floods is nothing unusual - and the whole world you should take as a symbol for the area where Noah lived.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would make much more sense to write "Floods are nothing unusual". Mind you, that's the least of that sentence's problems. The second half makes no sense at all. When you wrote "Some wrote the following", did you mean "Someone wrote ..."? If so, who was it?

I did have thought "someone" in my mind and it now turned out to be "some" mysteriously. Sorry for the typo.
Because I just came across the sentence and wondered its grammatical correctness, I paid no attention to who wrote it.

Well, regardless of who wrote it, it's a disaster. I'd forget you ever saw it!

Because I just came across the sentence and wondered about its grammatical correctness, I paid no attention to who wrote it.
Next time you read a sentence you want to ask us about, please make a note of where you read it and who wrote it.

Thank you.

You could also say Flooding is nothing unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back