Student or Learner
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear all,
Can anybody tell me all about first class banks?

Regards,

Chinsu

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Explanation required

I noticed your post yesterday, and have waited for someone to respond with knowledge. That hasn't happened yet, so I'll hazard a guess.

I did a quick google search which led to a bunch of nonsense (perhaps you did the same), and that leads me to think maybe it's a marketing phrase and means nothing. I used to work in kitchen design and, when I would meet some new colleague, they would always describe their work as "high-end". No one ever said, "Oh, we do some pretty mundane stuff!"

That said, there certainly are organizations that rate banks according to quantity of their assets, perceived stability, etc. so maybe it is an industry term. Some context might help. Where did you see this phrase?

I have not heard of the term. There are first class service, first class flights, first class hotels but it is strange to think of banks that way. There are big and small banks with first class service but I don't know what first class bank entails.

Chinsu, where did you read the phrase?

Chinsu, please note that I have changed your thread title.
Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

Now, for the third time, please tell us where you read or heard this phrase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back