Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Few years ago a palm reader told a girl that she would get married again. That girl was a divorcee and had a kid but she didn't want to get married again at all. That palm reader told her that she would definitely get married and the person she would get married to would have lost his father in his childhood. He also told her that she would have two kids one boy and one girl. She already had a son. After a few years she got married to a person whose father had died in his childhood and she gave birth to a girl as well.

Could you please check my sentences?

A few years ago, a palm reader foretold a girl that she would get married again. That girl was a divorcee and had a kid but she didn't want to get married again at all. That palm reader told her that she would definitely get married and the person she would get married to would have lost his father in his childhood. He also told her that she would have two kids, one boy and one girl. She already had a son. After a few years, she got married to [STRIKE]a person[/STRIKE] someone whose father had died in his childhood and she later gave birth to a girl as well.

Could you please check my sentences?

A few years ago, a palm reader foretold a girl that she would get married again.

I don't believe "foretold" is used properly in this sentence. I would also use "the" before girl since we are talking about a specific girl here.

A few years ago, a palm reader foretold that the girl would get married again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back