Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hello, great people there. How are you? I am back with three words. Although I have already looked up the words in the
dictionary, I still do not know which one I have to use and meaning differences, so if you are not busy, could you help me out of this confusion? Thank you in advance as usual.

PS. Before I go, all of a sudden, one question has popped up.

"If you are not busy, could you help me out of this confusion?"

Is this sentence natural to you? I think it should be written like "if you are not busy, can you help me out of this confusion? Or omitting "if you are not busy" just "could you help me out of this confusion" is okay because of tense agreement. What do you think?

Last edited:
Hello, great people there. How are you? I am back with three words. Although I have already looked up the words in the
dictionary, I still do not know which one I have to use and meaning differences, so if you are not busy, could you help me out of this confusion? Thank you in advance as usual.

PS. Before I go, all of a sudden, one question has popped up.

"If you are not busy, could you help me out of this confusion?"

Is this sentence natural to you? I think it should be written like "if you are not busy, can you help me out of this confusion? Or omitting "if you are not busy" just "could you help me out of this confusion" is okay because of tense agreement. What do you think?

You could have used "Could you help me?", "Could you help me out?", "Could you help me [get out] of this confusion?", "Could you help me with my confusion?" You really don't need "If you're not busy ..." If I'm too busy, then I simply won't be on the forum helping anyone!

As far as the three words are concerned, you said that you have looked them up. It's not clear from your post where your confusion lies or quite how you can't tell them apart. Please post a few sentences trying to use those three words correctly, then we can have a look at your usage and see if we can sort out the confusion. Thanks.

Thank you. I want to say " It is not possible to be favorite / favored / favorable to everyone in life. But I do not know exactly which one I have to choose here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back