Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
For me, poetry is an art form that allows the artist to combine both poetry and a visual work of art within a single art piece. Words and paintings are a perfect combination to provide a snapshot into our minds and thoughts. Would you please proofread my sentences and share what you imagine when you look at the painting? Any help would be appreciated. Here are the words and the painting.

What is it that fades without changing color? It is the flower in the hearts of those who love in this world of ours.

20201225.jpg

I found the second sentence a bit awkward. Maybe I should say: What is it that fades without changing color? It is the flower in the hearts of those who love the world of ours.

When I think about love, it always makes me feel a bit sad. Someone says: love has its own color, share it before it fades away. Another one murmurs: when it's real, it doesn't fade away. In my dream, I heard the voice whispering: it all fades away in the end. What do you think?

By the way, the painting is a tempera on poplar panel with its name called 'The angel of the Annunciation'. The Annunciation marks the visit of the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary, during which he told her that she would be the mother of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It is God's action in entering the human world as Jesus in order to save humanity. In Christianity, God’s love is eternal and it never fades away.

Since a lot of lovers believe that true love never fades away, understanding how your brains and efforts – most importantly your faith - play a role can help you protect yourself, and your relationship from the test of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back