Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
This is not a question. I just want to highlight Raymott's:

"Monthly lesson for July:
Example sentences and words should be put in quotes.
[Semi-automated message]"

Example: compare the two questions below; which is easier to read?

1. If I say I don't either should I put a comma after don't and a question mark after either.
2. If I say, "I don't either", should I put a comma after "don't" and a question mark after "either"?

Is this OK too?

If I say I don't either, should I put a comma after don't and a question mark after either?

Is this OK too?

If I say I don't either, should I put a comma after don't and a question mark after either?
It's OK, but I prefer it with quotes.

Is this OK too?

That's fine. The important thing is that it's possible to read the question without having to try to figure out what it means.

This is not a question. I just want to highlight Raymott's:

"Monthly lesson for July:
Example sentences and words should be put in quotes.
[Semi-automated message]"

Example: compare the two questions below; which is easier to read?

1. If I say I don't either should I put a comma after don't and a question mark after either.
2. If I say, "I don't either", should I put a comma after "don't" and a question mark after "either"?

Goes without saying ;-)

b

PS Or, in another sense of 'without', "They [punctuation marks] go without saying [in the sense of 'something said'].

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back