Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
1) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I have checked the roof every time rain has been forecast.
2) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I have checked the roof every time rain was forecast.
3) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I checked the roof every time rain was forecast.
4) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I check the roof every time rain is forecast.

Which are correct?

1) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I have checked the roof every time rain has been forecast.
2) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I have checked the roof every time rain was forecast.
3) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I checked the roof every time rain was forecast.
4) We had issues with the roof a couple of times because of rain. Ever since, I check the roof every time rain is forecast.

Which are correct?
I think #1, #2 and #4 are possible.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd open with "We've had issues with the roof ...". Also, I probably wouldn't start the second sentence with "Ever since". I'd say "Now I check the roof whenever rain is forecast".

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back