Even the least technically-skilled person whom I am proud to call myself (be) opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello all users!

The below-mentioned sentence has been made up and typed by me. The logic behind the sentence is that despite not having technical skills, a person can manage to do something technical and shoud not be worried about not being skilled in the field. It reads as follows:

Even the least technically-skilled person (whom/that) I am proud to call myself would do such a simple thing.

or

Even the least technically-skilled person (whom/that) I am proud to be would do such a simple thing.

This person says that she/he is proud to be so technically-unskilled, and even such handicap will not prevent her/him from repairing simple malfunction once in a blue moon.

What is your opinion?

Thank you.

Hello all users!

The below sentence below has been made up and typed by me. [I would say: I made up the sentence below.] The logic behind the sentence is that despite not having technical skills, a person can manage to do something technical and should not be worried about not being skilled in the field. It reads as follows:

Even the least technically [no hyphen] skilled person (whom/that) I am proud to call myself would do such a simple thing. [This isn't a sentence.]

or

Even the least technically [no hyphen] skilled person (whom/that) I am proud to be would do such a simple thing. [This isn't a sentence, either.]

You could say something like: Even though I'm not technically trained, I'm proud to be able to. . . .

- solve simple technical problems.
- handle simple technical tasks.

This person is saying that he or she is proud to be so technically [no hyphen] unskilled, and even such a handicap will not prevent him or her from repairing simple malfunctions occasionally.

What is your opinion?

Thank you.

My opinions:

1. It's unhealthy to be proud of ignorance. Are you sure that's what you mean?

2. Your first and last paragraphs don't mention pride, but you use the word "proud" in your two examples. That changes your meaning.

3. It's not clear what you mean by "technical" in those sentences. The word is too vague. Tell us more about what you mean.

4. She/he and him/her are not words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back